Learn how to make nourishing bone broth to support aging and boost your immune. My detailed recipe is below. Watch my YouTube Video for more tips and to see the broth being prepared.
This broth will support your body in 5 ways:
- Helps to heal the gut-sip just broth for a few days
- Builds collagen from the high Amino acid content
- Alkalizing due to high minerals that come out of the bones. ( broth alone)
- Assist in strengthening bones
- Help to support adrenals
Purchase the highest quality bones you can afford. I like to buy a variety to support the ‘nose to tail theory’, and get mixed flavors.
I use thick bones with lots of middle marrow, oxtail bones that provide lots of collagen (and I think the most delicious), and short ribs in order to add a bit of meat after for soup.
- Salt and Roast the bones to a deep brown for the best flavor. Cook @ 375 for about 50 minutes in a shallow pan on the top rack. This helps the bones to get really brown and add good flavor.
- Cover roasted bones with filtered water and add onion, garlic, burdock root, kombu, celery roots and anything you want to add flavor like bay leaf. Add all the brown drippings from the roasting pan.
- Slow cook for 24 to 36 hours, or use the Instant Pot or pressure cooker for 3 hours.
- Cool, Strain, and put bones aside for the pets. (Add more spring water if desired), chill to harden the fat on top.
- Skim fat. Heat and sip as is OR use this for the base of your soup
*This blog contains Amazon affiliate links. The owner of this site may receive a small commission if you click a link and choose to make a purchase.